Counterpart Electronic Signature and Disclosures
Effective Date: September 1, 2020
When using Counterpart, You consent to use electronic communications, electronic records, and electronic signatures rather than paper documents for the forms provided on this website. For the purposes of this Consent, “You or Your” shall mean the Named Insured, Prospective Named Insured, legal entity or authorized representative of the Named Insured. Those forms include:
- Insurance application
- Surplus Lines notices
- Terrorism Risk Insurance Act (TRIA) endorsement
- Insurance policy and other related documents
- All updates and details concerning your policy
- Responses to communications from you
- All disclosures required by law and other information about your legal right and duties
- All changes and updates to these disclosures, notices, and documents
You agree that your electronic signature is legally binding, just as if you had signed a paper document. When we provide You an electronic notification indicating a document is available electronically and we do in fact make it available online, that shall have the same meaning and effect as if we provided a paper document to you, whether or not you choose to view it. Your consent to use electronic signatures and documents applies to materials related to purchasing and effecting your insurance policy.
You have the following rights:
1. Right to Receive Paper Documents: You have the right to receive any document provided in paper or non-electronic form. If You want a paper copy of any document, please contact the Company. There is not a fee.
2. Right to Withdraw Consent. You have the right to withdraw Your consent to receive documents electronically by contacting the Company. The legal validity and enforceability of the electronic documents, signatures and deliveries used prior to withdrawal of consent will not be affected. In other words, all prior electronic deliveries shall be fully valid and enforceable.
3. Changes to Your E-Mail Address. You must keep your email or electronic address current with us. You must promptly notify us of any change in your email or other electronic address. You may change the email address on record for you through our website or by contacting us at [email protected]. We may provide you with separate instructions to update your email address from time to time. You agree that if we send an email message to you regarding any electronic communication or send any electronic communication to the email address you have provided us and such email message is returned as undeliverable, we will be deemed to have provided such electronic communication to you.
4. Your Ability to Access Disclosures. By agreeing to this consent, You acknowledge that You have:
a. a personal computer or other device that can connect to the Internet
b. an email address
c. a web browser
d. software that enables you to receive and view Portable Document Format (PDF) files, such as Adobe Acrobat Reader (available for a free download at https://get.adobe.com/reader )
5. You may contact us at: [email protected]
6. Unless required by law, all notices, disclosures, authorizations, acknowledgements and other documents relating to coverages You may have with us may be provided to You in electronic form. We may still send some notices to You in paper at Your regular mailing address. For this reason, it is important that You inform us of any changes to Your regular mailing address.
7. Your rights relating to insurance we provide to You may be dependent on when You receive certain information from us. You are considered to have received information from us when we notify You at Your email address alerting You that the information is waiting for You at Your secure mailbox at the web portal or as posted on our website, as designated in the email we would send to You.
8. If the law requires us to provide to You particular information in writing, we may provide that information instead by alerting You by email that the information is waiting for You at Your secure mailbox at the web portal or as posted on our website, as designated in the email we would send to You.
The Company may utilize the services of third-party service providers to facilitate electronic delivery of Electronic documents.